Sunday 15 December 2019

The Picture

Blue jeans, white shirt
Layers of waves from the sea
Someone walks barefoot on the beach
How this picture calms me
Such an earthy feel to it, I can keep looking at it for hours
No matter what the reality be
There is something, that it says to me
I feel this picture more than I ever have any
What should I say on what it does to me
The void that exists inside me sometimes
Looks like a memory, as this picture looks back at me
I feel I have been there before
How familiar can it be
I can see myself looking at the scene
As if it were right in front of me

But I feel afraid as I look at it
Because every time it gives so much to me
Sometimes I just close my eyes
To not drain its sanctity
To not take away its calming energy
Every now and then I try not to look
Yet this picture stays with me
It has a pulling effect on me
Even when I look in the dark
I can see it clearly
In front of me

No comments:

Post a Comment