Tuesday 17 August 2021

Do you abort the game when the queen is killed in Chess?

Started playing chess after years. Sheer fun to play the 5, 10, and 15 minute long games to wake the brain up post afternoon slump. Initially, I lost most games and was slightly taken aback because I used to be good at this. Nonetheless, within 3-5 days my brain cells adapted.

Day three onward I started accepting rematch requests from people who won the first game. However, I noticed something strange. The moment their queens died many aborted the game. Now, I can leave it at that but I am surprised to see how much importance people place on the queen. What about playing on and taking a chance at winning with what remains?

Don't many of us do that in life as well? We get so disappointed with one major loss that we forget we haven't lost everything. Says so much about our attitude towards life.

Play chess with me only if you won't quit in case your queen dies ๐Ÿ˜€

No comments:

Post a Comment