Friday 23 February 2018

SWEET IDENTITY CRISIS (Part 2)

Ever acknowledged yourself behaving like the youngest child when you are the oldest?

Younger or older - is a matter of fact,
But how can my behaviour be expected to remain intact?

Let's not be bound to behave a certain way,
Occasionally, I like to be on a swing and sway.

So, let's switch roles sometimes!
Let listening to lullabies be my pass-time.

You, be the one to narrate bedtime stories,
And tuck me to bed while I'm dreaming about mermaids & corries.

With you, I relive my childhood again,
Dear sibling, to me you're always glittering.

So, let me hold the brush and tell me where to colour,
Let me take the pencil and tell me where to use the rubber.

Hold my hand and guide me where to go,
Ask me questions where the answer is a simple yes or no.

I love the way you act mature when I fail to do,
Be by my side, always! Let's stick together, glued.


17 comments:

  1. "...And tuck me to bed while I'm dreaming about mermaids & corries." <3 <3
    beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching the nostalgia bubble beautifully :) ty shriya for these lovely lines !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shubham :) I liked the phrase you used; 'Nostalgia Bubble'!

      Delete
  3. Beautifully written...๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete