Thursday 24 July 2014

STUDYING ABROAD

So many questions cross my mind,
When I try to imagine,
Though the experience will be one of a kind,
To study in a land that's foreign.

I watch many videos to, know more,
About the experiences that others had,
About the stark differences that they adore,
While I try to accept them whether good or bad.

I try to find an optimistic speaker,
Who can instill the confidence in me,
To stay abroad for a while and not know fear,
Of being where right now I'm scared to be.

So many apprehensions hold me back,
From letting go and feeling free,
Most of all it's the enthusiasm I lack,
When I feel I'll helplessly miss my family.

My family here is not just my parents and siblings,
It's also the air I breathe,
Which I won't get to breathe on a foreign land,
And that's when I know I'll miss my country.


No comments:

Post a Comment