Thursday 27 August 2020

Mouth Organ Wish | Train Trio

The two-week-long train trip in 2017-18 bonded many strangers together; maybe only temporarily. Our trio, however, stayed intact for quite some time. As time passed, I ended up staying in touch with only one of the two friends. We spoke daily, then weekly, then monthly and now every few months but the essence is still warm and caring. It is sweet how things always remain seamless with some people.

On my birthday in 2019, when I was living away from home, I received a recorded video message. It was the first time someone had recorded Happy Birthday on a Mouth Organ, for me. Just the thought of such effort being put in made me feel incredibly joyous.

Last week when I was clearing my phone of the forwarded videos, I stumbled upon this video. It so happened that without having to think whether or not I should text, I typed, "Came across that video in which you recorded happy birthday for me on your Mouth Organ." Within a minute, my friend wrote back, and it was as if the dots of the previous two to three months joined instantly.

Whenever I look back at the photos of that trip, I always remember our trio - me listening to them talking, then both of them asking me why I am so quiet, and me saying in my head, "This is so peaceful".

1 comment:

  1. Few moments become so memorable that you don't even realise until u stuck on to them once again!!
    Very beautifully captured ♥️

    ReplyDelete