Friday 3 August 2018

TO THE HILT | A dream for every lost dream

This spot right on the edge,
I come here often;
I'm trying to understand,
Where I went wrong.

I look up, to my left, at the mountains,
I look down, to my right, at the valley,
As I stand confused,
Wondering if I'm weak or strong.

Hoping my shoes will keep me gripped,
I take a narrow trail as I walk,
Acknowledging that being effective or ineffective was,
A choice that was always mine.

Having walked this trail at least twice before,
It was easier to figure out this time that,
By walking aimlessly I might reach somewhere beautiful,
But will keep analyzing every sign.

I let myself choose,
Let myself be passionately stubborn about my dreams,
Achieved some, yet, I quest for more,
And that's how I know there is still a long way to go.

A long way to go but boulders come to greet,
Say a landslide of sorts,
Not enough to make me stop,
But enough to slow me down or hide my path with snow.

I still have many dreams right in my sight,
Can't watch them wet my eye,
So, I choose to compensate for every lost dream,
And not feel the guilt.

Dream for a dream is what I'll trade,
Won't let them vanish into thin air,
Have taken enough successful shots in the dark,
It's time to play it up to the hilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment